Important information for applicants
- Applicants should be citizens of India (individuals or teams) including NRIs interested to work in India and should be fulfilling the stated eligibility criteria.
- Start-ups presently being incubated by institutes approved by the Central Government for such incubation, are also eligible to participate provided they submit a no-objection certificate from the concerned incubating institute.
- Eligible applicants should fill in the online application form available in the apply section.
- An application number would be generated upon submission of details and an automated mail acknowledging the same would be sent to the email id furnished at the time of application.
- All mandatory documents, in hard copy, marked clearly with the application number, should be sent at the stated contact address along with a covering letter.
- The automated acknowledgement email received upon submission of online application should also be attached with the covering letter.
- The duration of the project is 1-3 years. However, the reasonability of the time frame would be judged based on scope and complexity of the project.
- A firm can submit more than one proposal having unique scope, but only one may be selected based on evaluation.
- An applicant, who has applied for similar schemes elsewhere and gets selected, should immediately intimate Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd. about such selection as multiple sourcing of fund under the same scheme is not allowed.
- The IP rights originating from the successful innovation can be retained by the innovator / start-up firm. However, the first right of refusal for commercialization of the innovation will be with Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.
- Bought out technologies would not be entertained.
- Upon successful innovation and test marketing, the production / required infrastructure should be set up within India.
- The start-up fund is aimed at fostering entrepreneurship and promoting innovation by creating a healthy ecosystem for the start-ups to prosper and grow, and it should not in any way be considered as a Research Fellowship for supporting research of Ph.D. students or any other such academic research.
- Last Date for receipt of online application is June 26, 2017. Hard copy of the Qualification Credential, Innovation Idea, Proof of Concept, Feasibility Report, Profile of Individuals/Team Members and documents in support of the eligibility should reach Balmer Lawrie & Co.Ltd. within 10 days from the due date of online submission, duly signed and stamped on each page
A Miniratna I PSE under MoPNG, GOI Balmer Lawrie is transnational diversified conglomerate with presence in both manufacturing and service sector. Balmer Lawrie has six business units – Logistics, Travel & vacations, Industrial Packaging, Greases & Lubricants, Leather Chemicals and Refinery & Oil Field Services.